A social media profile or page is commonly used to reach out to a wider audience and a social circle beyond our known connections. As far as any business or personal branding is considered, social media marketing has a vital role in its success in the industry. And more organic is the reach of our page, the more benefits it brings.
Well, what is Organic Reach?
The reach a page, profile or brand gets in an unpaid or the natural way through any social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc can be called Organic Reach. Well, it is the most preferred type of reach or rather something which is completely genuine and which needs some effort. Organic reach mostly comes with good quality content and good page reputation. Well, there are some other simple hacks that can help to get a good organic reach and they are as follows.
Hashtags play a great role in creating a good reach in social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc. There is huge followership for each hashtag alone on Instagram which makes it more popular than the pages. There are 3 types of hashtags and we need to choose the right so that our posts and contents get the desired reach and outcome.
- High traffic – These are the most popular hashtags that are very common and a lot of posts are updated each day. In short, it a highly competitive hashtag and using these may not give us the desired results as there are high chances that our post may get drowned or skipped easily.
- Medium Traffic – These are related hashtags that receive a comparatively lesser number of posts and that makes it more suitable to use. This is because our posts get some attention and will not get lost easily.
- Low Traffic – Low traffic hashtags are the least used hashtags with low followership and posts. Using these hashtags also doesn’t help our content to reach the desired audience or get the results.
- Commenting on other pages.
Commenting on other similar pages keeps our profile alive and active. It helps to create good interaction and gain more people to check out our profile and also find audiences with similar interests.
Our page can organically reach a larger audience by collaborating with other pages with similar ideas. It is a win-win game as both pages share the benefits and get more exposure. The collaborations happen through sharing the content or promoting them through other pages.
- Piggyback on trending topics
Social Media is all about new Trends. Most of the time, we wake up to some of the latest new trends and viral posts. So pick up that moment and use the trend well so that we too get to share that limelight.
- Engaging with your followers.
Followers are the main part of any social media campaign. It’s easier to lose them than to gain. If our followers feel that we do not have anything useful or entertaining to give them, they will unfollow us and look for alternatives. So engaging followers is very important to maintain them. We can easily engage them through :
- Challenges etc
- Consistently Posting
Consistency is another success mantra of social media. Regular posting is equally important as the content. It keeps the page active and helps to maintain our presence in social media.
- Instagram Lives
Going LIVE on Instagram has become a new trend. Live Interactions, Meeting and Interviews have become common these days. Everyone from celebrities to common man can appear Live on their social media pages and interact. And the statistics show that this helps to increase organic growth in a cost-efficient way.
- Properly analyzing What to Post and When to Post
Knowing the Audience is a key point in content creation. We should know what our audience needs and how to deliver it in a creative and engaging way. Analysis of previous posts and contents from other popular pages will help to understand the interests of the audience.
Some creative tools that help to improve our social media presence are as follows.
- Canva – Canva is a graphic design platform that allows you to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents and other visual content.
- Instories – Instories is the post and story creator for Instagram that helps you to make your stories more creative.
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite is a social media management platform.
- Inshots – InShot app is an all-in-one visual content editing app that allows you to create videos, edit photos, and create image collages.
- Typorama – Typorama is an app that lets you transform your text into cool typographic designs with a few different customizations.
- Unfold – Unfold is a toolkit for storytellers to create beautiful and engaging stories with minimal and elegant templates.
- Snapseed – Snapseed is a photo-editing application for mobile that enables users to enhance photos and apply digital filters.
- VSCO – The VSCO app allows users to capture photos in the app and edit them, using preset filters and editing tools.
- Preview – Preview combines the best Instagram tools into one simple app.
- Flick – Finding Hashtags and copy groups of hashtags to a post.
Social Media is growing each day and so is the scope and possibilities it opens. We need to update ourselves and find more innovative ideas to push ourselves forward in this social race. It is definitely a potential weapon that can make and break us. So let us remind ourselves to use it Vigilantly, Ethically and Productively.