“Which marketing platform would work best for my marketing strategy? And how can I make my money work best for me?” I am sure you have asked this more than once for yourself…
For any small business, having a marketing budget is very important but it’s equally important to spend it in the right direction and make the most of it. Now the question is, how do you know where and when you should be spending your budget when it comes to Digital Marketing v/s Traditional Marketing.
Marketing is that aspect of a business that you can never ignore. Now, we live in a generation where a huge part of the population does the transactions online, while the other part of the population does not even know how to use the internet. Because of this reason, for many businesses coming up to the right decision on marketing becomes difficult.
So, the decision between traditional marketing and digital marketing is very confusing and tough.
The solution for this is you need to know the pros & cons of both Digital & Traditional Marketing & see how it applies to your business. Before we get into the details of Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing, let’s first look into the basic ideas you need to understand clearly.
What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional Marketing refers to the conventional modes of marketing which is one of the well-researched, long-lived & a proven method of reaching out your message to the customers with various offline advertising & promotional methods. It includes all advertisements before the internet came into existence & shook things up. This includes:
- Newspaper Ads
- Magazine Ads
What is Digital Marketing?
In traditional Marketing, you are trying to reach to the customers directly. While Digital Marketing has an extra advantage of targetting a specific audience, but with a different approach. Digital Marketing is the kind of marketing where you can make sure that people find you when they are looking for the services you provide. You will be doing this by creating & optimizing your website to show up higher in search results, by creating social media accounts that people would love to follow, by creating informative and attractive content that convince your customers about your products or services you provide, and various other methods. The term “Digital Marketing” is a vast category of marketing through various online marketing approaches. It has helped to create awareness & promote business on a much larger scale. Digital Marketing is an approach to advertising through various digital channels. This includes:
- Online Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- E-Mail Marketing
- Blogs & Content Marketing
- Paid Search (PPC)
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Online Brochures
Now, its time for us to know about the detailed information on the benefits of Digital Marketing over Traditional Marketing.
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL MARKETING OVER TRADITIONAL MARKETING
- Less Expensive & More Effective – It’s no surprise that Digital Marketing is less expensive compared to Traditional Marketing. And of course, digital marketing fetches you a greater ROI than traditional marketing because it’s cheaper than traditional marketing in more than one way. Paper & printing costs, and also newspaper & television ads are relatively very high in more than one way. Digital marketing allows you to spend your budget less while gaining more effect.
- Higher Level of Customer Engagement – With traditional marketing, you can never really interact with your customers directly. You will have to wait for the response in order to go with the further step in the process. This is a long and exhausting process. On the other hand, with Digital Marketing strategies you will have an advantage of contacting your customers directly through various digital marketing channels via social media comments, emails or instant messages. It allows you to engage your audience in real time. You will be able to chat and discuss your brand and will easily able to build long-lasting relationships with customers by interacting with them via videos & webinars. And of course, this claims more engagement from your side too and you need to be prepared to invest that much time into this.
- Easy Analytics – In traditional marketing when you give away brochures and magazine ads, it’s almost impossible for you to know how far your marketing is going to be successful. On the other hand, while utilizing digital marketing you can instantly measure the bounce rate, inbound traffic, conversion rate, profit, and the number of visitors to your site, all in real time. This can be done through Google Analytics, which is one of the best tools where you can easily study all the records and then adjust them carefully.
- Bigger Audience Range – Traditional marketing is limited in many ways. And the biggest limitation is that you cannot do marketing beyond the regional or the local audience. While using digital marketing, you will be able to create highly customized campaigns where you can widen your audience range to different cities, and also to different countries. Therefore, through digital marketing, you can perform your brand awareness to your customers quickly and widely.
- Brand Development – Here, when the question of brand image arises, then digital marketing has an added advantage compared to traditional marketing. You can Instead of giving a newspaper ad and tv advertisements, if you own a website providing all your services or products through informative and quality content, then, of course, there is no doubt that your brand image arises and also in brand development. Also, you can promote your brand with the help of social media and also through various blogs.
- Immediate Publicity – With digital marketing, you get the real-time results, where you get instant publicity, and even if you don’t, you get to know instantly that which of your ads is not working. An advantage here in digital marketing than traditional marketing is that you get a newer audience and newer visitors to your website every nano-second because there is a chain reaction on the shares and comments through social media and similar other online platforms which results in quicker publicity of your brand or company.
We at Digital Buddha, hope that we would have convinced you with the facts that digital marketing is definitely the best way compared to traditional marketing to advertise your business. If you have already tried traditional marketing and not yet found a good growth, then give digital marketing a shot. It will be a bit risky at the beginning but returns great results for your business.
Our experts here in Digital Buddha will help you ease your job. We do all your business advertisements and promotions for you. At Digital Buddha, we take the responsibility of your business’s marketing strategy, so that you could concentrate on other parts of your business where you are needed the most. Contact us today on firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s that easy.